Project Ahead is a dynamic organization which seeks to develop entrepreneurship, start ups, mainly in social fields or with a social impact, works to provide socially innovative solutions for our society and supports a wide range of public and private bodies and not for profit organizations such as cooperatives, associations, social enterprises, foundations etc… We are a small dedicated team of six based actually in Naples and Rome looking for new colleagues to join us as European Senior/Junior Project Manager, managing our projects funded by EU and national programs and writing new proposals for the next wave of EU and national funds.
The role will encompass project management, new proposal writing and new business development in all the EU and national funds. You will be engaging with our international network of partners in EU and beyond, coming from social economy and social enterprise world besides wider stakeholders in policy, academia and industry. This role could involve travels across Europe.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is fluent in Italian and English (a third foreign language is a plus)
- Brings at least 5 years (2 for the Junior PM) of experience about EU programs and project cycle management or a high level specific academic training in the field (not for the junior PM)
- Will take responsibility for project applications and management, including financial aspects
- Has an entrepreneurial approach to work and to develop new opportunities
- Learns and takes responsibility quickly and proactively
- Is organized and able to manage a varied workload with competing priorities and pressures
- Is a strong communicator verbally and in writing
- Will demonstrate political and cultural sensitivity in engaging with beneficiaries, partners and stakeholders across Europe
- Has a good understanding of EU institutions and policies
- Preferably has a knowledge of and insight into civil society, social innovation, social economy or social enterprise
Your responsibilities as senior PM will be to:
- Ideate, write and build partnerships around new project proposals
- Develop new projects and business, mainly in the areas of enterprise creation, social enterprise and social innovation
- Support the management of a portfolio of national and EU-funded projects
- Contribute to the projects and business fundraising
- Develop ideas and policies about young employment, self entrepreneurship, civil society, social economy and social enterprise
Your responsibilities as junior PM will be to:
- Help in writing new project proposals and take care of administrative management
- Contribute to the ideation and development of new projects and new activities
- Work effectively in the implementation of projects and activities
- Contribute in managing and realizing events, workshops and other initiatives related to young employment, self-entrepreneurship, civil society, social economy and social enterprise
Project Ahead is currently involved in many EU and nationally funded projects, among which:
- ERASMUS FOR YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS SEED is the first pilot in EYE program about Social enterprise and is actually among the few European projects focused on social fields. PJA is running all the exchanges from and to Campania region and is in charge of all those involved in social enterprise as the only project in the field in Italy;
- DIALOGUE is funded by the national department for Youth policies and aims at managing in Naples from 2017 the first Italian social incubator for multicultural businesses created by young migrants and young locals;
- FORK is funded by the national department for Youth policies and aims at opening in October 2018 a Fab-Lab and creativity Hub for the young people of Napoli;
- CAUSE is an IPA funded project to support the development of a national Albanian strategy to manage confiscated assets to criminal organization and to support the creation of new social business to transform them in an entrepreneurial opportunity with a social impact;
- EMBRACE is an IPA funded project to train and support the transformation from traditional NGOs into social business in Albania
We have been also involved in the Italian social innovation network (I-SIN) and in the work of the experts group for social enterprise of the Ministry of Labour and the working group of the advisory board of the G7 task force for impact investing and we are members of many international network. More info @ http://www.pja2001.eu and http://www.dialogueplace.eu.
Please send your covering letter and CV in a single PDF file to Marco Traversi, CEO, at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 26th August 2018. Interviews with potential candidates will be held in early September. We are looking for candidates to start as soon as possible after appointment. The offices are located in Naples and Rome but the selected person will work in Naples at Dialogue place and so candidates resident in Naples and in the surrounding area will be preferred. Salary and job contract will be commensurate to the agreed working organization and to the effective job experience.